Wandering Wednesday, September 29
An odd mix of articles for this week, a few quite old (sorry) and some just gleaned today!
- Literary mashups. Whether you like them or not, it seems they're spreading, and according to the Guardian, children's classics are next.
- Author Lauren Willig on editing her first novel for mass paperback -- and what she chose to change.
- The Paris Review blog on welcoming a new translation of Madame Bovary.
- Allegedly, people (always? often? usually?) read page 99 of a book to get a sense of whether they want to purchase it or not. Now there's a test for authors to see if their book would pass.
- An appropriate article for Banned Books Week: what are books good for?